Note: As some of our officers are abroad this fall, we will not be planning any events for this semester. Check back next semester for new events!
- Colloquium (March 24, 2014): Bates College Math professor, Adriana Salerno, came to give an undergraduate level number theory talk as well as to share a little about her experience as a woman in math.
- Pre-Putnam Pasta Dinner (December 6, 2013) We got together in one of the high rises to carb-up for the annual Putnam Exam and relax before the test (which took place the following day).
- PUMS Dinner (November 15, 2013 at La Fontana della Citta) We got together to enjoy some Italian food as well as the company of math professors Andreea Nicoara, Patricia Cahn, Vedran Sohinger and Zach Scherr and our fellow students!
- Theater Outing (October 1-5, 2013 at the Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts): We saw the play "Truth Values: One Girl's Romp Through MIT's Male Math Maze" together! It is a one woman show, very much related to the experiences and challenges associated with being a women in mathematics, and also very funny--highly recommended!
- First Meeting (September 11, 2013): At this meeting, we welcomed Freshmen and let everyone know what we do and what we had planned for the year. We also decided on times for weekly lunch meetings and study breaks.
- Math Mixer (September 10, 2013): The Mixer is just a way to meet and talk to other math students and professors, plus enjoy some pizza.